Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Notes from my Editor

Just an update! My editor really liked draft #2, with the detective updates. So we moved onto draft #3. She really liked that one too! So now another editor is going to look at it. This editor wants a hard copy. I bought ink and paper and printed out the entire MS so I can mail it off.

Allie (my editor) said not to expect a reply for about a month. In the meantime, I'm to get to work on my sequel!

Okay. The hardest part for me is writing a rough draft. If I can just get that down, I can embellish it, rewrite it, cut it, perfect it in revisions. But the rough draft is hard. So I'm going to set some goals. Let's say, 1,000 words a day. That's about two pages a day. That means it should take me roughly three months to write this draft. Minus Sundays. Yikes.

I'm not stopping. The first draft may be choppy and awful. I've just got to set my mind to this. I'll post my word count at the bottom of every blog.

Sequel word count: 2,716
tomorrow's goal: 3,716

7 comments:

Tana said...

Good luck to you! Sounds like you know what your doing. I actually love the first draft but always fear I could do better and thus might miss something great in my story.

Aaron and Emily said...

I can't wait to read this.

Charity Brown said...

wow! seriously, you must be sooo incredibly busy! go you! I'm amazed!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

I sure wish I loved the first draft! I know many people who love the first draft and hate the rewrites. My first draft, I'm just like, "Gotta get it down. Gotta get it down." It's rough. Really rough. And then I spend twenty more drafts cleaning it up.

Em, I can't wait for you to read this too!

Charity, yeah, I'm busy. Whew!

Stephanie Faris said...

You go, girl. I wish I were as far along as you are...an actual EDITOR asking for rewrites. I just have an agent and even at that, I'm not sure he's all that into my writing. He just likes my idea.

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

Steph--that must be hard. I always thought getting an agent is harder than getting a publishing company! but most of the big guys won't even talk to the author. They only deal with an agent.

I admit, I didn't even try. I just went with a small press. I think it's great that you even have an agent.

PV Lundqvist said...

You are so directed. I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...