Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A New Battery and a Plan

I guess jumping the battery yesterday didn't completely revive it. It was like a zombie for a day, functioning but not really. Today, as I go to leave the house (of course--when else except when you have your children buckled into car seats and you put the key in ignition are you going to notice these things?), the car won't start. I realized at that moment that we had a bigger problem: the battery had run out of its own juice. I needed a new one, or I'd be jumping it after every stop.

Sigh. Jump car. Buy a new battery.

At least the tatooed man at the car shop was complimentary, telling me I looked like a cute little hippy fairy. He invited me to a hippy festival. Thanks, dude! (I don't look like a hippy, btw, nor even know how to act like one. But I'm wearing a long, flowing skirt today. I guess that counts.)

Next month I'm not spending any money on this car. I promise. My fingers aren't crossed.

So! Next item of business. Because I know you're all dying to find out how I plan on cleaning my kitchen, let me detail it out for you. First, I'm unloading and loading the dishwasher. Second, I'm getting everything off the counters. Third, empty the cupboards (yes, I know I changed sentence structures. No parallel structures here). Fourth, clean cupboards. Fifth, reload cupboards. Sixth, clean counters/stove. Seventh, restock counters. Eighth, sweep floor. Ninth, mop floor. Tenth, clean laundry room. Ignore the fridge.

There. It doesn't sound too hard now that I have a plan.

And an update on little Asher! He hasn't thrown up since last night!!! Let's see if we can make it all day...

Sequel Stats:
today's goal: 13,953
actual: 15,118 (+2,165)
tomorrow's goal: 16,118

7 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

I got lucky with my last battery. I caught it right as it was dying...it wouldn't start one day but finally I got it to start. I headed straight to Auto Zone...they tested it and changed it out and everything.

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

they do that at Auto Zone? how much did it cost, about?

Aaron and Emily said...

wow, you're a writing maniac right now!

I think you can just change the battery yourself. I had a battery go dead on our car. I think I remember just buying the battery and changing it. I think you can get them at costco too.

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

sheesh, I don't know how to change a battery! My heart gets going at just the thought of jumping the car! what if I do it wrong???

Karen Gowen said...

"Cute little hippie fairy"!!! What a hoot! How is your son doing?

SM Blooding said...

Girl! I love reading this blog!

Hey, wanted to let you know you've been nominated for an award. Stop by my blog for more details. It's in Birth of a Novel post.

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

Karen--no vomiting yesterday!

Frankie--really?? you love my blog?? and I got nominated for an award??? wow, that makes me feel good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...