Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Rewrites and the Emergency Room

Yesterday my little one got a fever that wouldn't go away. Tylenol knocked it down a degree or two for the first twelve hours. But after that it quit working. Could be because he vomited everything up right after I stuck it in his mouth. When he started whimpering and getting lethargic, I dropped my oldest off at a neighbor's house and headed for the ER.

Four hours later, I left with an unhappy, feverless one-year-old. His fever had been high enough that they ran a bunch of tests to rule out anything serious. Blood tests, throat and nose tests. Nothing. They gave him something for the fever and sent us home.

Four hours with not even a book to read. I had a lot of thinking time. After being certain that my baby was okay, I could relax and--well, not enjoy the time in ER, but at least make good use of it. And, I'm excited.

I don't think I'm allowed to talk about the plot of my book in detail. Just peripherals. The romance that originally began and ended in this book no longer ends. In fact, it barely begins. This gives me a whole sequel to give life to the romance. I see this as being a two-book series. But I'm seeing another two-book series somewhere down the road, with the same characters, several years later. This could go on forever. The hard part will be making each novel fit the same 'thriller' genre that we're doing for this one. I don't know how many exciting adventures I can think up.

And I'm tired. Trying so hard to stay awake and work on rewrites. But I think I might sleep...

5 comments:

Mary Gray said...

Catch that sleep. You're a good mommy. :)

Kate said...

So scary. Glad he's okay. I did much the same thing with my youngest a month ago.

Karen Gowen said...

Only a true writer could combine emergency room/sick child drama with rewrites! This will all probably show up in one of your books someday. (And I'm so glad your son is ok btw :)

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

me too, Karen! He's perfectly fine today. No fever.

Stephanie Faris said...

I'm glad it wasn't anything serious. Hope he's feeling well soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...