Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Friend Connect

You know those crazy moments when you meet someone for the first time, and feel a total connection with them?

This happened to me on Friday at my book signing. This beautiful young mother came in with her two boys, and we got to talking. She was visiting from California, staying with her parents for a few days. We talked about her sons, how similar they were to my sons. She was a lovely girl and in those few minutes I knew we would be friends if she lived around here.

As if to just prove this point, as she was walking away, she called out to her son, "Asher, come on."

For those of you who didn't realize it, Asher is not a very common name. There are a few here and there, but not a lot.

And for those of you who don't know me IRL, my son's name is Asher.

I said, "Did you just call him Asher?"

It was seriously this big, surprised laugh out loud moment that we both named our sons Asher. We really connected in those few minutes.

The sad part about it, I cannot remember her name.

I just love this picture. Taken from the Santa Barbara, CA animal rescue clinic.
She took my business card and said she'd find me on Facebook. So...I'm waiting. In the meantime, if you have a friend in California with a son named Asher and parents in Arkansas, tell me her name!

Isn't it interesting when that happens? When you meet someone that you just click with?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So cool. I hope she contacts you. Love the dear/kitty pic!

Kelley said...

Aw, that's a cute story. I hope she finds you.

From your newest follower :)

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

Thanks, Kelley and Elle! I hope she finds me too! :)

David P. King said...

I know how that feels exactly. I also know how it feels to interact with someone and you draw each other away, like the same ends of two magnets. That picture-it's precious!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely person to person experience, Tamara. And I hope the book signing went well.

Asher IS an unusual name. The thing that came to mind when I read this was the book by Chaim Potok, My Name is Asher Lev. I've never read it but I've wanted to.
Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror, A Memoir of Shattered Secrets

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

That's where we got the name from, Ann!

Mary Aalgaard said...

Exciting connection. I hope you refind each other soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...