Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Validated by Fan Mail

It doesn't happen very often. But every once in awhile, I get fan mail.

Let me tell ya, it makes me so happy I think I could cry. I think fan mail is what every author dreams of: those letters from adoring readers who were touched by your book. It's like you accomplished your goal.

I got a great email a few days ago from a mom reader that left me feeling totally validated as a mom and a writer. I'll share some parts with you:

"I just wanted to let you know I have just finished your book Perilous, and it was WONDERFUL! One of those books I just couldn't put down...You have me hooked on your books and cannot wait for the sequel to this. Well anyways just wanted to let you know you are an inspiration to young girls! You have followed your dream and that is amazing!! Keep up the amazing writing!!!!"
 I especially liked that last part, about being an inspiration to young girls. That's what I want. That's part of my platform as a writer, to reach out and inspire young people. The other part is to fulfill my desires of being a mom while accomplishing something else I enjoy.

So...if something touches you, let the author know! It's so extremely gratifying!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hooray! glad you got such an uplifting letter!

Kelley Lynn said...

Wow, congrats!

You're so right, we should take the time to share our positive feelings with others. It could be something like writing the author of a great book, or something as simple as telling the person in the checkout line you like his/her outfit. We all need those kinds of things. If we think a positive thought about someone, we should tell them. We know they'd love to hear it :)

Theresa Milstein said...

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing it, Tamara!

Hillary said...

Yay! I loved that I could read your book and I was more than happy to let my daughter read it... and we both enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. I'm so happy for you. You deserve this!
Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror, A Memoir of Shattered Secrets

Mary Aalgaard said...

Yay! That's a great response to your book.

Glynis Peters said...

What a wonderful compliment for you as a writer! Congratulations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...