Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Police Visits and Baby Kisses

I know I'm very late in blogging today. I have an excuse. I was sleeping.

Here's why. At 4am this morning, we got a knock on the door. If you read the title to this post, you know who it was: the police. Turns out that someone tried to break into the house next door. The police saw that the screen was off on our back window and worried that we might have an unexpected guest. We let them in, they poked around in closets, and when they felt we were safe, they left.

Neither Mark nor I had the guts to tell the kind policeman that Mark had taken the screen off the day before when he forgot his key and needed into the house.

Kind of freaky, though. I'm keeping all the windows locked and booby trapped now.

I didn't get any writing done today.

On another note, baby Asher has started giving very excited kisses. He hasn't quite gotten the 'closed mouth pucker' down yet, so he opens his mouth in this puckered 'oh' and gives kisses. So cute though. He's so happy about giving them. What can be sweeter than a slobbery baby kiss?

4 comments:

Aaron and Emily said...

Your post really made me laugh. I love how you acted like little kids in trouble, not telling about the screen!

I love baby kisses! My baby is in kissie mode too.

Melanie Jacobson said...

I love it when Baby G gives me a slobber baby kiss. It makes me laugh every time.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

I just like reading your labels and imagining that story.

Baby intruder kisses policemen.

Kinda weird but I guess it could happen.

Ralene said...

LOL @ David's comment.

Wow! That must have been pretty scary when the police were searching your house. I'm glad everything was okay though.

And baby kisses are the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...