Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

How to Hang up on an Agent

You won't have many opportunities to practice this, so try and get it right the first time.

1) Look at the number. Identify the "New York, New York" area code and assume it's a telemarketer. Ignore the call.

2) Get curious. What telemarketer is in New York? Return the call.

3) Wait. You're expecting an automated recording, after all.

4) Hang up. A real voice answers, and you don't recognize the name. Definitely hang up.

5) Oh, a message! Listen. Verify that you just hung up on a real live New York agent.

6) Freak out. Then send an email apology and hope they still want your manuscript.

Don't forget to tell people about my Christmas sale. Every time you do, you get entered in my Christmas contest!  Check it out here!

Nano stats: 13,794

7 comments:

Julie Daines said...

Yikes! You must have been dying! That's a sad but funny story.

Stacy Henrie said...

What a story! That is so cool an agent called you.

Unknown said...

ooh no! did he call or email you back?

Talli Roland said...

Oh yikes! Continue the story, continue the story!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

@Talli I will, as soon as I know the ending! at least, if the ending is worth repeating! :)

at everyone else: no response to my email yet. I'm sure they are waiting. and waiting. I better get to work!

Kelley Lynn said...

Wow! What a crazy story! Keep us posted!

Mary Gray said...

Oh MAN Tamara!! I shall be watching for this TO BE CONTINUED.

Just posted my story. It should give you hope. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...