Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Think I'm on a Roll Here in Little Rock

Okay, so I'm not in Little Rock. But I was yesterday.

See, we've had these issues with my youngest. I don't really think there's anything wrong with him, but there's been enough concern that yesterday we took him to the children's hospital for a consultation. (My pediatrician has been trying to get me to go for six months. This is the third appointment we've made. I finally bit the bullet and went.)

It's a long drive. Almost four hours. Luckily, my trooper of a Mom came with me, or it would've been awful. Jacen did great, poor guy, since he had to spend two hours with my mom in the waiting room while I was with Asher in the lab. Yes, for two hours. After four hours in the car.

Then we hopped back in the car and drove home for four hours. Fun day!

But happily, the doctor also felt like there is nothing wrong with Asher. He's very small. That's it. The doctor took some blood tests and said he'll probably have us come back in a few weeks for a biopsy just to RULE OUT ANYTHING BAD, but in the meantime, not to worry.

I'm comfortable with that. Everything's probably fine. And if it's not, we'll find out.

Now it's time to get back on a roll...here in Springdale...

Sequel revisions:
today's goal: 178/180
actual: 173/183
tomorrow's goal: page 183/183

6 comments:

Heather Sunseri said...

Oh, Tamara. What a long day. I'm praying for Asher and his family!

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

Will be thinking about you guys! It's always scary to go into a situation like that, but aren't you glad you DID? Being in the know (or at least on the road to the know) is so much easier than just guessing...

PS This is absolutely beside the point but I have to tell you that I love the names Asher and Jacen!

Lothiriel said...

I agree with PP, love the names! How old is Asher? I hope everything's ok with him.

Laurel Garver said...

What an ordeal! Praying the tests show *conclusively* there's nothing wrong.

Medical folks do tend to err on the side of "test for every bizarre possibility" these days because we live in such a lawsuit happy culture. I went through a harrowing 2-day hospital stay with my daughter when she was a baby because she was gaining weight too slowly. The docs scared us to death testing for all kinds of rare metabolic disorders, and the problems was just a nursing issue. A little formula suplementing and she was fine!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

LMJ--he's 16 months.

Yeah, we like our kids' names. :)

Laurel--I do think the doctors are just being cautious. I understand. It would be awful to find out years from now that he has something they could've caught.

Aaron and Emily said...

Well of course he's a little small, you're a little small too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...