So this morning I mailed off my latest draft to my editor. It is the third hard copy I have mailed out to WiDo Publishing. The first was in request to my partial, the second after several revisions, and now this one. I also printed out and mailed three other hard copies to publishing companies at the same time I was querying WiDo.
I'm saving my receipts. Business expenses. I won't have a return this year, that's a guaranteed. But I might on my taxes!
Since signing a contract with WiDo Publishing, this is draft number four. Here are the changes so far:
Draft 1: Changed the opening scene from four girls to two. Took out all backstory.
Draft 2: Added in the detective's and villain's POV.
Draft 3: Slowed down the romance between J and R.
This most recent draft was by far the most extensive. It required me to pretty much delete the romance between J and R while still maintaining some romantic tension. I'm not sure how well I did at that. We'll see.
It then required me to remove R's POV from the manuscript. He only had five scenes, and three of them were easy to do. J was present, so I was able to show the scene from her POV. J was not privy to the other two scenes, however. So they got cut. Completely. Again, I tried to make sure any pertinent information got talked about or discussed, but we'll have to see if there's anything I left out.
Back to work on my sequel rough draft. I need to set goals again.
Oh, and I've had two new story ideas in the past week. Exciting. Wish I had more time to write.
today's goal: 50/157
tomorrow's goal: page 70/160