Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oh, Negligent Mother

That would be me. My kids ran havoc this morning around the house while I slept. And it's my fault.

See, last night around 9:57pm, when my eyes were heavy and my heart rate slowing down for sleep, I decided to just read for three minutes from the book I started on Sunday.

You can imagine what happened from there. At the beginning of each chapter, I'd think, "This is the last one." Then the chapter would end, and I'd have that totally unresolved feeling--you know, like when you fight with your significant other and you're agitated and restless and need to get it figured out??? So I'd start the next chapter. And the next. And then the climax of the book came and I wasn't even tired anymore.

I think it was just after 1am when I finished. So this morning I let my three-year-old watch the one-year-old while I slept in for an hour. Bad, bad mom.

Oh, and if you're wondering about this book--because it was a good one, and I know everyone's going to want to read it--it's called Saving Madeline. It's not out yet, but I'll be doing a book review on it on September 8. So stay posted for more info.

Sequel Stats:
today's goal: 25,581
actual: 25,597 (+2,017)
tomorrow's goal: 27,597

6 comments:

Mary Gray said...

Well! What do you know, another book I absolutely must read! Adding it to my goodreads list right now.

Stephanie Faris said...

That's the kind of book I strive to write...the kind that will keep someone up until 1 a.m. reading!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

yes, me too, Stephanie! The kind that sucks you in and won't let you go. Those kind are hard to find.

Aaron and Emily said...

Are you kidding me? I always let my 3 year old watch the 1 year old.

Karen Gowen said...

Ha! I used to do that all the time, stay up all night reading and then napping the next day. On the couch while the kids played in the living room, one eye half open.

Jay said...

Hey Tamara -

I can't wait to see your book in print!!!! It is so fantastic. :-) Oh, and I've nominated you for a lemonade stand award as well!

Jay

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...