Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Back to the Grinder

I had a wonderful vacation/weekend where we picked up my husband and brought him home. What a surreal experience. After all these months, back together again. In some ways it just feels so right, so normal, it's like no time passed at all. But at the same time, I keep remembering, it's been months since he's been here!

I do have to brag on him, as my right as an Army wife. He got four awards at the graduation ceremony, including the top award that they award each cycle, that of the Honor Grad. Yep, pretty cool. And I'm his wife. Which makes me pretty cool.

And now back to real life. I haven't written in days. All weekend. And I feel it! Time to get going again. I'm crossing my fingers that I get this rough draft finished by this Friday. And I've got scenes playing through my head for book #3. Which makes me doubly anxious to get book #2 done.

I bought two books today. And in the process spoke to the owner of our local indie. I mentioned that I have a book coming out in a year and she suggested we 'do something.' Yes! Like a book signing!

That's it. I don't really have anything else to say today.

Sequel Stats:
today's goal: 62,371
actual: 64,893
tomorrow's goal: 66,893

7 comments:

Kate said...

I can't believe in the time I've been revising my book, you've written another one!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

well, it's not done! besides, writing it's the fast part. revising takes longer.

Cindy R. Wilson said...

Yay, so happy for you that you get to see your hubby! And congrats to him on the awards. That's cool about the book signing!

Jannie said...

Yahoo for mark! Doesn't surprise me too much, though - he's such a hard worker! That's so awesome, though!! And - I'm so glad he's home! How is the job hunt going?

Mary Gray said...

Welcome back, girlie! And double welcome back to your man.

Lothiriel said...

That is so cool about your book!!!

So happy to hear you had a great time with hubby. How proud were you during those awards! So happy for you!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

Hey Jannie!!! Great to see you here!

And yes, I was so proud. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...