Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Keep on Swimming

Sometimes, when project after project floods my mind and takes up all my time, I feel Dora's chant going through my head, only with a slightly different wording: "Keep on writing, keep on writing."

So when Donna tagged me the opportunity to talk about my latest WIP, I welcomed it. People always ask me what I'm working on now. Here it is, in a nutshell!

What is the working title of your book? Inevitable

Where did the idea come from for the book? I have no idea. I usually don't. Where do our ideas come from? A song, a smell, a thought that suddenly goes wild, and then you can't even remember the beginning inspiration, just the heady excitement of the idea. That's how this one was. That's how most of mine are.


What genre does your book fall under? Paranormal suspense? Paranormal romance? Seems a bit pretentious to call it paranormal romantic suspense...


Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Jayne, my MC, would be played by Olesya Rulin. Isn't she darling?? 


What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? The scent of death follows Jayne like a plague until she discovers she has inherited the powers of an ancient goddess.


Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? If everything goes right, I'll try my hand at self-publishing early next year!


How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? About three months.


What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? It's similar to the idea behind Numbers and The Mark. But also very different.


What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? Here's the opening paragraph:


The smell always hits me first.
I noticed it right when I opened the office door, and I paused. It's a lemony smell, like walking through a citrus grove. Growing up in New Jersey, I didn't know much about citrus groves, but I was sure that's what it would smell like. Every time I smelled the lemons, I knew death was in the air.

And of course part of the fun is I get to tag new people. Watch for it! I'll have some people for you to visit next week!

3 comments:

Donna K. Weaver said...

Thanks for playing, Tamara. Your premise sound intriguing, and I love that opening. Kinda shivery. lol

And what's pretentious about paranormal romantic suspense. Love it!

Unknown said...

I remember the last time you introduced this book's plot... I was intrigued then as I am now. This is one I really want to read...

Julie Daines said...

Love the opening paragraphs. Sounds like a cool idea! Good luck with all your writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...