Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Fan Mail

Well, I'm back in the US, and readjusting to American culture! I must say, I love the USA. I enjoyed every moment in Mexico and I keep confusing my kids by speaking to them in Spanish... ha ha.

But I had a lovely surprise when I got home. One of the middle grade classes I visited before I left mailed me a package of thank you letters. These are simply awesome and I'll keep them forever. I hope the students don't mind if I share some of their letters. This is pure literary gold.


"I especially enjoyed how you told us about your childhood and how you got really bored in classes just like me. Also I liked that you played sports and you weren't a nerdy author."

"You were very inspiring."

"I look forward to reading your book, but I'll have to wait untiil my parents are done reading it."

"I especially enjoyed knowing that dreams do come true. I look forward to continue trying to make my dream come true, a brain surgeon. Thank you."

"I look forward that you will become a best seller at the kids choice awards in the next five years or so."

"I look forward to reading your book. I'll probably want to read the second one, too. I hope it's done quick. I'm a fast reader."

"I especially enjoyed your visit because you showed us that even if we are 11 or 12 things we do now can lead to great things."

"You inspired me to start writing stories again. The last thing I would like to tell you is that you and Dr. Seuss are both my favorite authors."

"I bought your book. I didn't start reading it."

"I would have loved to see you but I was gone. Thanks anyway."

"I wish I could of had a free book and I think you are pretty and I do not like you I just think you are pretty."

"We all would love to read your book. Maybe one day I will be able to read your book. I look forward to reading your book when it comes down in price. I would love to read your book."

"I hope your next book's title is going to be different from the other."

And my favorite:

"I am very glad you came, it changed my point of view with writing. I was so inspired! I just cannot get over how amazing it is that you wrote a story at twelve years of age. I hope you continue for a long time to inspire kids all around Arkansas!"

Hope you enjoyed! What's some great fan mail you've had??

8 comments:

Unknown said...

my favorite is "I think you pretty, no i don't like you, but I think you're pretty". Awesome!

Britney Gulbrandsen said...

So many of these made me laugh. Classic.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Tamara, these are absolutely precious! Thanks for sharing them. Don't they make it all worthwhile? I like the one that says "I do not like you I just think you are pretty" LOL. That had to be a boy!

Jeremy Bates said...

"I bought your book, I didn't start reading it." Classic!

By the way, ¿Dónde te quedaste en México?

Adios, compadre!

Aaron and Emily said...

That is so awesome! I am so glad you got fan mail! I didn't expect so many of them to be... funny!

Unknown said...

These are priceless. I love that you're not a nerdy author. :)

Mary Gray said...

How wonderful, Tamara!! You're right up there with Dr. Seuss!! Congrats. :)

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

Aren't those hilarious? And I know, it's so funny b/c the kids weren't trying to be funny... but they're funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...