Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Monday, April 18, 2011

One Word for me

I watched a movie the other day that talked about describing things in one word. I've heard this before. Maybe in a book I read, where the character wanted to figure out what her word was. I can't remember.

But I'm thinking about it for me. I think my one word changes from day to day, but today my word is

INTENSE.

It's kind of like passionate, but different. I'm an intense person. I just sweated my guts out in a two-hour work out because I want to get the most out of my time. When it's lunch time with the kiddos, I'm extremely focused and intense as I coordinate three different mouths who want to eat at the same time. Not to mention my own!

I don't think I'm a serious person at all, but I can be. When I'm working on an assignment, or housework, or a deadline, I'm intense.

What's your word?

13 comments:

Ralene said...

A word? Just one? Oh boy...um... Lately, I think it would be "scattered". Or "blessed", or "purposeful". Oy...why just one? lol...

PK HREZO said...

I've heard it's a good way to describe your character's motivations too. One word. For me I guess I'd say dynamic.

Kate Larkindale said...

I think I'd have to say mine is driven. When I want something, or need to get something done, I'll stop at nothing....

Angie said...

Great word. That's a nice way to be.

KM Nalle said...

Intense is a great word. My word for today would be...overwhelmed. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be Focused.

banananutmeg said...

that is a perfect word for you! Like it.
One word?! I have no idea. Maybe industrious? hahaha people would probably say Crazy

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

LOL Meg, you make me laugh. But it's more than just funny. You are VIVACIOUS.

Kari, I hear you. Tomorrow I'm going to be focused.

Other words apply on different days!

Lydia Kang said...

I can't think of a good word for me, but I like yours!

Aaron and Emily said...

I think that is a good word for you!

Mary Aalgaard said...

I picked a word for the year: embrace.

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

Good word, Mary!

Unknown said...

I think you may be thinking of 'Eat, Pray, Love' by Eizabeth Gilbert as she is trying to figure out her word after a friend tells her that her word doesn't match the word of the place they're in (or something like that).

Since I read that I have tried to work out my word but haven't had any luck, thanks for reminding me about it. :)

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

You're right, Bethany! I did just watch that movie! That must've been on my mind!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...