Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Making a List

You know. Christmas time.

And Christmas card time.

Last year, I failed in the Christmas card department. I got it written and printed, the envelopes addressed...but only mailed some of them. How lame can you get? And most of the ones I mailed didn't make it out until the New Year. Oops!

But I had an excuse. I was working a lot, and trying to find time to do anything besides sleep and change diapers was hard!

No excuses this year. I ordered the paper two weeks ago, the pictures a week ago. On Thanksgiving I typed up the newsletter, determined to start getting Christmas cards in the mail today, December first.

Except of course it hasn't worked out that way. First of all, our printer ran out of ink. Why??? It's not like I ever use it, except to print out my manuscript every once and awhile. Second, when the pictures arrived from ********.com, Mark's head had been cut off on the wallets! Not okay.

I called ********.com, who agreed to replace the wallets. But now I'm waiting on them. I figured since I'm waiting on them, I can wait another day to buy the ink. Last night I sent out a mass email collecting addresses, just to make sure I had everyone who wanted to be on my list.

And then yesterday, the baby took a hold of my power cord and pulled the head off. The part that goes into the computer. I didn't discover it until the battery died on my laptop and I tried to plug in the power cord.

So, here we are, the first of December. I have no ink, no pictures, and no typed up newsletter. However, I am doing good on collecting addresses, and I will start addressing envelopes TOMORROW. Maybe next week I'll have everything else I need.

Oh--if you would like a Christmas card from us, please email me your address. Tamara at byu dot net. I'll be happy to send you one!

2 comments:

Lothiriel said...

I know this sounds crazy, but I can't wait till my baby can move about and does mischievous things.

I always buy Christmas cards and never send them. I'm bad about that.

Bethany Wiggins said...

Congratulations on your book being published. That is so awesome! And good luck with the Christmas cards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...