Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Friday, May 31, 2013

Book to benefit tornado victims


Even though the Oklahoma tornado is all over the news right now, those who have been affected by previous disasters shouldn't be forgotten. And so I'm very   excited to share with you the cover to my nonfiction book about the Joplin tornado and its victims. 


Though the book doesn't come out for another year, this is my contribution to those affected by the tornado. they are still in recovery, two years later. This is a benefit book, a fundraiser. The profits will go to relief funds and those who contributed their stories. 

The more books I sell, the more Joplin will be helped. So now my job is to select the right charitable groups and start getting press attention. 

You can help too! Start spreading the word and remember that while our lives move on, those affected by the tragedies will bear the burden for years to come. Don't forget them!

2 comments:

Librarian said...

You are so right; we are usually rather quick to forget about what happens after some event or other is out of the news, but of course it goes on for those who are directly affected.

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

I can't wait to get the book. I live just 60 miles from Joplin .

Doris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...