Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Friday, November 23, 2012

Hope for Joplin

For my Joplin book, that is.

Things are looking good. I had a publisher request the first chapter. The first chapter was the hardest for me because I had to set up these seven women and somehow establish them as different people, with different personalities, when all they are doing is waking up and eating breakfast. And nothing exciting happens.

It was good enough. The same publisher then asked for a second chapter, but not chapter 2. This time they wanted a chapter from when the tornado hit.

I sent that, and I'm excited. I'm hopeful. Another publisher has asked for the full, which I'm busily reading through and checking over and hope to have off soon. Or not. The holidays are upon us, so we'll see.

I had the opportunity to meet with one of the women I interviewed, and it was a very personal, moving experience for me. I really want this project to succeed.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...