Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

What's up with Linked in?

Are you a member of Linked In?

If so, what's so great about it?

I keep getting invites to join, and so far I haven't. I figure it's a lot like Facebook and Twitter, and here's what I've come to conclude about those two: they're only worth as much as you put into them.

Which for me, isn't much.

So tell me, is Linked In different? If I'm not very "active," is it going to benefit me?

I'm just curious.

6 comments:

Meg said...

You probably don't need an account, since your career is home-based, but it wouldn't hurt, either. I would definitely encourage Mark to get one.

Unknown said...

I think it is really good social networking site which is very useful to connect with the peoples.

Russell Solomon

Aaron and Emily said...

GREAT question. I feel the same way. I get hardly anything out of facebook because I don't want to spend so much time on there either. I get linked in invitations all the time.

Unknown said...

I've been on LinkedIn for a year or more and I still don't get it. The only time I think about it is when I get a message saying someone wants to 'connect' with me. I keep promising myself that I'll look into it but I haven't yet. One day...

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

Thanks everyone, for your comments! You've pretty much settled it for me. :)

James C Duckett said...

It only comes in handy if you are job hunting. It is like a social resume. It isn't for everybody, but it has its place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...