Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Nano-Nano-Nano

This year, I'm participating in NanoWrimo.



It's my first time, and I'm quite intimidated by it. For those who don't know what it is, Nano is National Novel Writing Month, and it's November. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. It'll be a little different for me, since I won't be writing a novel (the definition of novel being fiction). But I will be trying to get out a 50,000 word book.

Nano requires preparation and planning. I have spent the month of October researching so I can write in November. I've also worked on other projects, trying to get them done and out of the way so that in November I can concentrate only on one. I won't be doing any critiques (for free--I'll still be doing copy-edits), very little emailing, and hardly any blogging. You can expect a word count update and probably some recycled posts from a few years back. :)

Besides the preparation, I'm also signing up on nanowrimo.org. This will allow me to plan my novel, meet with other people, receive encouragement, and provide accountability.

Along those lines, my critique group decided that we'll still get together this month, but instead of critiquing, we'll just write. Which I just love the idea of dedicated alone time to write.

So. I'll see you all in about a month. Happy writing!

10 comments:

DL Hammons said...

Good luck...and have fun with it! :)

James C Duckett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James C Duckett said...

So... no submissions this month? Good luck, I was thinking of skipping it this year but am considering doing it anyways.

Julie Daines said...

Good luck. I'm participating as well. It's my second time and I love it. Afterwards. Not so much half way through November when I have writer's block and still have 25,000 words to go and my family wants food and I've gained 5 pounds from sitting inactive at my desk all day.

Unknown said...

sounds intense. Good luck!

Talli Roland said...

Good luck! Have fun.

Unknown said...

i'm just blog walking, and stop your beautifull blog. Also give you some comment here.

Nb: Oh ya, dont forget to visit my blog too. And give us your opinion about my blog.

Thanks for share.

Unknown said...

Good luck with Nano.

PurpleMist. said...

Good luck! :D

Mary Aalgaard said...

And, Happy Writing to you!
Best wishes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...