Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Victory

The semi-finalists for ABNA 2011 were announced today.

My YA fantasy novel, White as Snow, made the cut.

It's not over, not by a long shot, but this is as far as I hoped to make it. Out of 10,000 entries, my novel has made it to the top 100. That's the top 1%, and that makes me feel pretty good. I feel validated, if you know what I mean.

Even if I don't make the next cut, I have more confidence in my novel now. I feel like many other people have also found merit in my writing.

If you want to check it out, here's a link:

17 comments:

Amy Saia said...

Congratulations! Well done and good luck with the continuing finals!

Kate Larkindale said...

Congrats Tamara!

I saw your name in there...

David P. King said...

Nice one, Tamara! Keep it up! :)

Unknown said...

Wow Tamara that's fantastic!!!!! Good luck the rest of the way! 100 is a huge accomplishment in itself though!

I was happy to get a full request and a partial out in the agent world so maybe we will both be lucky soon!

Unknown said...

Congrats. That is amazing. Good luck on the next round.

Suzie F. said...

That's terrific, Tamara! Congratulations!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

Thanks for the well-wishes, folks!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats Tamara, that's awesome news.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Woot!! Congratulations!!

Stephanie Black said...

Congratulations!!!! That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! That does mean it's good. I'm very happy for you.
Ann Best, Memoir Author

Brent Wescott said...

Very cool. Good luck.
It Just Got Interesting

Ralene said...

Eeeek! So excited for you. Here's to hoping you make it to the next round--you're really a fantastic writer. :)

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

Thanks Ralene! And everyone else! Being a writer is hard...it's nice to get praise sometimes!

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Congratulations on the great achievement!! You must feel very validated if it's made the top 5%!

Visiting you as a fellow A-Z challenge blogger:
Duncan In Kuantan

Shelli said...

Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment. I entered an informal blog contest, and out of 17 entrants, I didn't make the top 5. :/ Humbling much, yes? Good luck with the next phase of judging!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

lol, Shelli! Sometimes it's just hard to choose!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...