Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Ripped off by Goodwill

Well, not really. It's my own fault.

I went to Goodwill yesterday because Mark and I have a Christmas party to go to tonight. And it's supposed to be fun and goofy, so we're all supposed to wear ugly sweaters. Well, really, who keeps ugly clothing? I don't. I figured the Goodwill would be a good place to buy something for us.

Goodwill is right next to my gym. So in between classes yesterday, I snuck out of the gym and ran to Goodwill. (Hey, the daycare was watching my kids. I couldn't beat a chance to shop without them.)

I picked out a sweater for Mark ($4) and a sweater for me ($4) and got in line. While in line, I spotted a middle aisle with an ugly Christmas sweater on it--much uglier than the one I'd picked out, which wasn't really ugly at all. Excited, I ran out of line, grabbed it, and got back in line. By the time I got to the check-out counter, I was already five minutes late for my next class at the gym.

So I did nothing but gape when the sweater rang up for $10.

$10??? Who buys clothes from Goodwill for $10???

I didn't have time to switch it, though. But I learned my lesson. Don't assume it's cheap just because it's at Goodwill.

8 comments:

Amber said...

And it was ugly, too.

Gail said...

...but $10 is such a bargain for a truly ugly sweater!

Kelley said...

haha. That's great. :)

Mary Gray said...

Oh, man. I think I paid too much the last time I shopped at Goodwill, too. Now I avoid the place, shop clearance racks. But I hear ya. It sounds like the perfect spot for an ugly sweater.

Elle Strauss said...

But it's for a good cause :) I hope you enjoyed your party at least.

Aaron and Emily said...

What is it with ugly sweaters? I hear they are the new fashion. I went to Christmas party and a couple showed up in ugly sweaters just to look cute.

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

ha ha, yeah. the party was a blast. but I'll be checking prices carefully at Goodwill from now on!

Mary Aalgaard, Play off the Page said...

And, you probably had the best one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...